Online Blackjack UK
The classic blackjack game is one of the most popular casino table games in the world and is played in Las Vegas brick and mortar casinos as well as online casinos all over the globe. There are a number of reasons for the continued popularity of blackjack. The game is one of the easiest casino games to learn to play and with a little practice, can be mastered by just about anyone. The game also allows players to apply highly effective blackjack strategy methods to obtain a better advantage or ‘edge’ over the house (the casino).
Play UK features the very best online blackjack UK games. Both experienced and novice players will find a range of blackjack games, sourced from the best online casino software providers to suit their playing level. Playing blackjack online offers you a convenient and safe way to experience the thrills of the game.
How to Play Online Blackjack
One of the biggest advantages of online blackjack is that it’s quite an easy casino game to learn to play. Many novice players actually find it easier to learn than other casino games such as roulette or craps for example. Play UK is the best online blackjack site to learn to play this iconic card game as we offer both free blackjack and real money games, allowing new players the chance to develop techniques and strategies without fear of losing their money in the process.
Whether you’re playing at a land-based casino or online, the basic rules and gameplay are always the same. Of course, there are plenty of variations on the basic game, but once you understand the basics, switching over to any one of these is very easy.
To play online blackjack at Play UK, simply click on one of our virtual 3D blackjack versions, or, if you prefer the feel of a real live brick and mortar-style casino, on one of our live dealer blackjack versions. To begin a game, choice your chip value and place your bet on the blackjack table to get your first two cards from the dealer. The idea behind blackjack is to achieve a total of 21 with the cards dealt to you, thereby beating the dealer and winning the round. You have a number of options available to you, including hitting (to get an additional card), standing (if you’re happy with your hand), splitting, doubling down and more, depending on the specific rules and features of the blackjack game.
Blackjack Glossary & Terminology
Online blackjack is an interesting and colourful game, filled with great betting options and special terminologies which make for an exciting online gambling experience. If you are new to the blackjack online game, our quick and easy glossary should help you jump right into your first game of online blackjack.
- Blackjack: Getting 21 points on your first two cards is known as a "blackjack" or "natural" 21, without a dealer blackjack.
- Blackjack deck: Standard playing cards used in blackjack as well as other table games such as poker and baccarat. Blackjack online UK games can vary from single deck (one standard set of playing cards) to multiple deck games per round.
- Double Down: A strategy that blackjack players use if they believe that their initial 2 card hand is strong enough. They then double their bet and, in exchange, receive a third card.
- Hit: The option to receive an additional card after your initial 2 card hand has been dealt. Used if the initial 2 card hand is too low to win the round against the dealer.
- Insurance: A side bet that assumes the dealer has blackjack.Treated independently of your initial wager. Insurance pays 2:1 and is available when the dealer's face up card is an ace.
- Stand: If you feel that your card total is sufficient to stand a good chance of beating the dealer, indicating to “stand” means that you do not require any additional cards from the dealer.
- Split: An option that is available to you if your initial 2 card hand is a pair which can then be split into two separate bets. A player who wishes to split must add an additional wager to the split card. The dealer will then deal the second card to both hands.
American Blackjack VS. European Blackjack – What’s the Difference?
Once you’ve decided to play blackjack games online, you may be faced with deciding between two important versions of the game, American blackjack and European blackjack. While both versions follow the same basic blackjack rules, there are subtle differences which could determine which version is best for you.
- Dealer cards: Dealer gets one card at the beginning of the round and only gets the second card after all players have finished betting.
- Decks in play: 2 standard decks in play
- Doubling down: Can only double down on a value of 9, 10 or 11
- Splitting: Can only split cards once. Can only split 10’s, Jacks, Queens or Kings.
- Late surrender: Not available.American Blackjack
- Dealer cards: Dealer gets both cards upfront but one is face up and the other face down (hole card)
- Decks in play: 6-8 decks in play
- Doubling down: Can double down on any total. Can also double down after splitting.
- Splitting: Can split cards up to three times. Can split any pair.
- Late surrender: Available any time.
Online blackjack is the perfect game to try out a basic blackjack strategy whilst also exploring more elaborate strategies which can help you reduce the house edge and increase the odds in your favour. There are all sorts of great blackjack strategies available online, from basic card counting to efficient bankroll management and bet management. Feel free to try out a few with our free blackjack games before switching over to a real money or live dealer blackjack game.
Live & Mobile Play Available
At Play UK you can now enjoy premium online UK blackjack games along with exciting live blackjack UK online, exclusive blackjack tournaments and more. All of our premium blackjack content is available on desktop as well as across all popular mobile operating systems powering a range of smartphones and tablets. Playing blackjack on the go has never been easier or more fun, whether you prefer the latest virtual 3D blackjack versions, or the hottest live casino blackjack action, Play UK is your best bet!